Previously known as the ‘Housing Action Team’ our activities have been based on the challenges raised by the community at the inaugural and subsequent public meetings.
Key actions have been:
1. Monitoring untidy empty sections and derelict empty properties in conjunction with Invercargill City Council, as they pose a health and fire risk and can be an eyesore.
2. Working with Fire and Emergency NZ to deliver home safety initiatives.
3. Encouraging pride in the community through celebrating and recognising well presented properties, with initiatives such as garden competitions and annual random recognition awards.
4. Encouraging investment of time and energy to create healthy homes through the holding of public meetings and events.
5. Holding seminars to inform the public about innovate housing ideas.
6. Working with NIWA to deliver a community air watch project monitoring air quality in South Invercargill.
7. Financing our activities through regular fundraising efforts.